Pages

Saturday 2 May 2015

Important! Please help support my children's book!

Hey guys! I need some help. Sorry I haven't posted in a bajillion years, my anxiety and school has just gotten in the way, but I'm doing much better now. And as stated, I need some help! You see that thingy? I made an indiegogo!! The descripttion is as follows (I have copy/pasted from the campaign) "I wrote The Pillowcase Prince because I was inspired by my boyfriend, who in a half asleep state, picked up a pillowcase to put on as a shirt, and I jokingly called him The Pillowcase Prince. He told me it sounded like a children's book title, and the rest is history! The proceeds from the book's future sales are going to the Food Banks Canada: http://www.foodbankscanada.ca/Learn-About-Hunge... This book is about a poor stable boy named Alexander, who lives in the Kingdom of MontRoy. Alexander usually has to make his clothing out of scraps of fabric and anything else he finds, but one day he stumbles upon the Prince, who is sitting under a tree on a pretty comfy looking pillow, though you wouldn't know it by the way he's squirming! The Prince and Alexander strike up a conversation, and it is decided that in return for help reading his book, the Prince will give Alexander the pillowcase off of his pillow so that he can make a shirt. As it turns out, the shirt Alexander makes is brilliant! The Prince loves it, and wants one of his own! So of course, Alexander has to make one for him too, but then the Prince's friends want one and... Well let's just say, Alexander's dreams of being more than a poor stable boy are about to come true! I'm going to publish this through Amazon's CreateSpace, and am getting the illustrations made by a graphic designer for a very reasonable price..only, I don't have the money. This is where you lovely people come in! To help me create the book's finished, ready to sell, product - I need some help raising the money. It costs fifteen dollars per image and I have thirty or so images I need to get made. And once that's done, I need to pay for the publication, as it's going to be self-published. In all, I'm hoping for about seven hundred but I put five hundred as my limit because it should be enough to at least get the illustrations, and I can work from there :) Please, help me with this! It's for a great cause, and I know many children and hungry Canadians will thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment